Saturday, May 4, 2013

It's kinda like a good push-up bra!!!!

Well howdy y'all!  Yeah I know that was a sad attempt to be the country girl that my husband tells me that I'm not.

So I am SUPER excited to announce Unconceivably Blessed and I are starting a Peer Led Support Group here in our county.  There isn't one specific to women for general infertility in any of the surrounding counties.  It is actually kind of sad if you think about it. So many women have to be afflicted with this disease and no where to turn.

We had a dinner with some great gals who share this affliction a couple of weeks ago.  It was AWESOME!!! We met at 6:30 for pizza.  At 9:00, the wait staff were subtly locking the doors and checking their watches.  It felt like we had just gotten there.  These ladies were so diverse and yet we had so much in common.  I told my husband that I felt normal, like I was with "my peeps."  Finally, people who could listen to my words, understand them, and relate to them.

To be honest, I was quite nervous before I got there.  But as soon as I walked in, I was at ease.  By the end of the night, we were having a ball.  I walked out of there with such relief and certainty that I was going to be ok.  The bad day that I had was no longer the only thing I could concentrate on. It didn't hurt either that my wonderfully handsome husband had a cheesecake waiting for me when I got home!

It just goes to show that your support system is sooooo important!  It really is like a good quality push-up bra.  Without it (depending on the specifics of the bosom) gravity/infertility just pulls you down.  It just...keeps...PULLING!!! Until after long enough, you are so low that there is no coming back from that!!!  BUT THERE IS HOPE!!! But a good push-up bra/support system, for the most part, keep you perky and able to see the cup more than half full!  pun intended!

Clarification: It doesn't have to be a push-up bra. A regular bra will do.  I just specify a push-up bra because, well, bless my poor little heart. Now that I think about it, gravity couldn't hurt me too much. Might make 'em more, there!! But I digress.

So I can't wait to have our first official support group meeting.  I truly feel called to this!!  I believe very strongly that God has something REALLY awesome for me involving advocating for infertility and the people tortured by it! Not only do I just feel it, but I had a revelation the other day.

Revelation: I found out in September that I was infertile because of a blockage in both of my tubes. But I also found out that my ovaries are comparable to those of a 40 year old. I have few eggs and the ones I do have are of poor quality. So the revelation I had, 6 months after diagnosis, is that I was born infertile. The blockage in my tubes was caused after an emergency appendectomy and infection (when I was 9), terrible trauma to my then little body. So as far as we know, I was born with perfectly normal fallopian tubes.  But my eggs were there when I was born; and destined to be bad then. I have just now come to that realization. So the tubal infertility was just a bonus. Ha. I don't know why, but this makes me believe even more that I have some purpose.

So if you are in or around the neighborhood (Rockingham, Guilford, Alamance, Caswell, Stokes) we invite you to our support group! Let me know if you'd like to come and I'll get you the information. If you aren't in or around the neighborhood, seek out a support group in your area or start your own if there isn't one.  It really makes a huge difference in your journey when you have the proper support of a good quality push-up bra! Stay perky!!!

1 comment:

  1. I, also, feel called to do this. I'm so excited to get our group started and see where it will lead us!

    ReplyDelete